Sunday, February 14, 2010

Wow!

My email's been playing up lately, and I haven't been able to access all of them.
So when I finally got it sorted out today I had a heap of unread messages.

Among the messages was a lovely email from Chris Cheney. For those of you who don't know, Chris is the lead singer, songwriter and guitarist for Australian band, The Living End.
As I have said before, The Living End was Samuel's favourite band. He had all their albums and DVDs, and knew a lot about them. I was hoping to take him to see them live one day. I've seen them a couple of times and they put on a great show.

Anyway, a while back, I sent an email to the management of The Living End, as well as Green Day and Foo Fighters. This is what I wrote:

It would have been nice to get a response of any kind, but realistically these are big stars.

So imagine my surprise to find an email from Chris. I'm not going to share it just yet, but it was lovely, personal and heartfelt.

So thank you Chris Cheney, I've always liked your band, but I now have lots of respect for you as a great person as well.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is great to hear Mel, I am happy he replied. Laura

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!